STUDENTS: ENROLLED IN ONE MY COURSES? FOR CURRENT SYLLABI, ASSIGNMENTS, ETC., CLICK ON THE BUTTON THAT CORRESPONDS WITH YOUR COURSE NUMBER (pages are password protected)
Instead of posting a dry "teaching philosophy" document here, I ask students what it is that they feel they need to succeed in the academic setting. As part of open dialogue and outreach, here are a few questions for current and future students who enrol in my courses. As it stands, the course evaluation is not always the most ideal instrument to provide your feedback, especially since it is administered without giving you the opportunity to reflect.
The questions themselves attest to the value I place in teaching and the learning experience. Feel free to fill out this form. You can opt for anonymity if you so choose.
Just cut and paste the questions with your answers in the contact form below*. Your responses will not be published, but if you wish a response, please supply a valid email with a note at the bottom of your submission PLEASE REPLY.
Your feedback will inform my future teaching practices so I can better meet students' learning needs. Thank you for your input!
1. What are your learning goals and expected outcomes?
2. What would you say are your specific learning needs in the classroom environment?
3. What mode of knowledge delivery suits your learning style best?
4. Are you comfortable with open dialogue and active participation in the classroom?
5. How may I better assist you in research and writing?
6. Are you seeking opportunities to apply in-class learning to other areas of your life? If so, please elaborate.
7. How can we improve on our shared learning experience?
8. What is the one thing you think I do best in providing you with a learning experience?
9. What is the one thing you think I could do to improve your learning experience?
10. Any other thoughts or suggestions?
*Due to an enormous volume of spambots, this contact form has been removed until an alternative method can be found. I apologize for the inconvenience.