I just wanted to provide another update on Malcolm's continued and excellent progress on some of the stuff I handed over to his care. You might recall that I found a Ceraurus during my first trip to Brechin. It was pretty submerged in the matrix, but I've read that this is ideal since it hasn't had much exposure to weathering.
So the picture on the left is how I found it. Obviously, it is missing a bit of its tail piece here and is pretty encrusted in matrix.
A few days ago, Malcolm posted some pictures of what he was able to salvage from this one.
Take a look at the results below. Absolutely fantastic. This bug's a bit beat up and missing the tail, but in all a good and nearly complete specimen made all the better by Malcolm's preparation.
Anyhow, a brief post. I'll likely be posting another next week when I hunt Arkona with Roger.